[Gtkradiant] 1.3.4-nightly and Linux

David Olofson gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 15:54:27 +0200

(Not much spare time, so no patches today.)

I grabbed the development CVS tree yesterday, and noticed a few things:

=091. There seems to be no "-I/usr/X11R6/include" anywhere. Had
=09   to add that, as Mandrake (and Red Hat and many others) put
=09   GL and stuff in there. Where would be the *correct* place
=09   (and way) to add it? (I'm an autotools guy - no experience
=09   with cons, and 'man cons' doesn't seem to suggest anything
=09   that would fit into the current scripts.)

=092. _exit() is used in some file, but needs unistd.h.
=09   Is that really intended? Where (and what!) is _exit() on
=09   Win32? (I suppose I can't just add #include <unistd.h>
=09   without an #ifdef. :-)

=093. The q3map (IIRC) module uses ExtractFileName() without
=09   linking with anything that provides it. Adding cmdlib to
=09   the LDFLAGS seems to work, although I haven't done much
=09   testing.

=094. parse.cpp in mapq3 uses an extern declaration instead of
=09   including cmdlib.h. (Naughty! :-) Why?

=095. Ok, if you think tabs are 2 characters wide, fine ;-)
=09   but why is the source flooded with tabs, despite the
=09   "Source files formating" entry in the FAQ saying that
=09   only spaces should be used? (I hate spaces and small
=09   tabs - but mixing them is even worse! :-)

=096. I get *lots* of warnings about missing linefeeds at EOF.
=09   Mind if I fix them while at it?

=097. IMHO, "-Wall -Werror" (for gcc) is reasonable to use
=09   during development. In my experience, that eliminates
=09   many bugs before you even get the code to compile. Can
=09   I start eliminating warnings if I'm bored some day? :-)

That's about it... I got 1.3.4 to run, but I haven't implemented the=20
G400/FireGL "fix" yet.

Speaking of which, either I'm blind, or I didn't get a clear answer; Is=20
there a real reason why GL_LINE is used for culled faces in many places -=
=20
or are there even places where these faces are *not* culled?

Or; should the "fix" be optional and show up in the user preferences=20
dialog?

=2E- Coming soon from VaporWare Inc...------------------------.
| The Return of Audiality! Real, working software. Really!  |
| Real time and off-line synthesis, scripting, MIDI, LGPL...|