[Gtkradiant] ATI FireGL 8800 issues

David Olofson gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:39:24 +0200

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 15:18, Joseph, William wrote:
> Radiant has always used different glPolygonModes for front and back on
> patches - to make them look wireframe from the back - we need to
> double-check the 1.1 code to be sure. I think the difference might be
> that 1.2 uses it on brushes (which are drawn with a GL_POLYGON) to
> reduce state changes between rendering brushes and patches.
> If it's only a problem with brushes, the solution sounds fairly
> obvious. If it's a problem with patches too, we'll have to rethink the
> way patches are rendered.

At least on the FireGL, it's a problem only with brushes. Patches are=20
rendered correctly. Don't know about the G400.

=2E- Coming soon from VaporWare Inc...------------------------.
| The Return of Audiality! Real, working software. Really!  |
| Real time and off-line synthesis, scripting, MIDI, LGPL...|