[Gtkradiant] Hardware Issues

EvilTypeGuy gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 16:48:46 -0500

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 03:00:22PM -0500, Particle wrote:
> There is no problem with Studio PCTV (TV viewing program) unless GTK is
> executed with it.  I took the time to report an incompatibility and you have
> the nerve to flame me about it?  That's like installing an AC unit for a
> company and if the customer reports that the unit is leaking gas, you just
> say, "**** you, it's not our problem."
>
> That is horribly rude and completely uncalled for.  I hope you treat others
> better in real life.
>
> -Particle

That was more than a politically correct message. The point is, you would often
get close to the same response from a lot of different software/hardware
companies. How do I know this? Because I used to work tech support, and
something fairly close to that is often what a customer would get told (not even
by me, often by my supervisor (who still works there)).

I suppose noting the fact that users shouldn't run "Pinnacle Studio PCTV" while
running Gtk is useful. But, let me say this a different way, the way you worded
it made it sound like it was Radiant's fault. This is most likely *not* the
case.

That is all, besides I'm evil!