[Gtkradiant] gtkradiant on HPUX

Mon, 7 Jan 2002 09:37:55 +0100

Well, it looks very much like a problem with the version of gcc you
installed. As I understand it, it calls to 'as' for final assembly of the
files, --traditional-format must be an option passed on to the assembler
(try 'which as' ?). And it's probably using the stock 'as' on HP-UX and
not an assembler provided with the gcc package?

Compiling Radiant is one thing, it has it's own difficulties .. but you
need to have a working GNU-friendly compiler suite first .. something on
which we may not be able to help a lot. You went a long way already
though, that's a good sign.

>From the gcc binaries you installed, maybe you can download and rebuild a
complete gcc 3.0.* suite from http://gcc.gnu.org ? Or ask on gcc mailing
lists / HP-UX mailing list for help on build? It is likely that your as
problem would show up if you try to compile other software with gcc.

Anyway, I don't see why cons would be annoyed if gcc was a symlink to cc?

TTimo