[Gtkradiant] New Setup Questions...

Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:46:05 +0100

The current setup script (see setup/win32/setup.pl) outputs customized
setup directories, in which you can say 'I want this, this and this in the
setup'. So right now it is possible to release 1.2.1 with only Q3 game
pack, or with only Wolf game pack, or with both. With some tweak and
testing, it would be possible to release the game pack even without the
editor core (though I'd rather wait to have some better API version
checking before going that path).

The perfectly clean solution would be that the core and the game packs
would be independant and fit in by successive installations (instead of
having to install 'over the top' like it is being done now). In a perfect
world you would download the core install, then click on a bunch of game
packs, find a mirror and auto-download them, and you'd be done. This is
not possible with IS 6 and I didn't want to spend any more time on
installer issue than what was necessary. I hear that kind of stuff is
possible with IS 7 though, so if someone feels up to it..

TTimo