[Gtkradiant] STLport woes...

EvilTypeGuy gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:05:32 +0000

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 09:54:55AM -0500, Timothee Besset wrote:
> ok .. several things ..
>
> You are compiling the source you got from the trunk right? Since you want
> to work on the Quake1 module that's what you should be playing with.

Yep, i'm doing a cvs co GtkRadiant, you're on the IMap branch currently,
correct?

> It may be a bit easier to compile and run the source that's in the Alpha
> branch (i.e. used for current nightly builds), so you can get used to the build
> system.

Not necessary, just me stupidly forgetting about cons :p

> We are using "cons" to compile radiant, no longer using Makefiles
> .. that is documented in the developer FAQ. You should read through the
> whole developer FAQ if you haven't, it's got a lot of precious information,
> plus some stuff about how 1.2 works and what modules are needed etc. (I
> should prolly spend more time keeping it up to date though).
> http://www.qeradiant.com/faq/fom-serve/cache/188.html

Blast it, I read through that before and I totally forgot about cons, you really
should remove the make files from CVS so as not to confuse people :) I remember
reading about cons it's just been a while :p Doh! Doh! Doh!

However, compiling the Alpha branch of Radiant or the current main trunk
with CONS gets me the same error basically:

gcc -g -D_DEBUG `gtk-config --cflags` `xml2-config --cflags`
-I../STLport/stlport -DQUAKE3 -Ilibs -Iinclude -c Debug/radiant/bp_dlg.cpp -o
Debug/radiant/bp_dlg.o
In file included from Debug/radiant/qe3.h:357,
                 from Debug/radiant/stdafx.h:41,
                 from Debug/radiant/bp_dlg.cpp:40:
Debug/radiant/xmlstuff.h:95: parse error before `*'
Debug/radiant/xmlstuff.h:96: parse error before `*'
Debug/radiant/xmlstuff.h:97: parse error before `*'
In file included from Debug/radiant/qe3.h:358,
                 from Debug/radiant/stdafx.h:41,
                 from Debug/radiant/bp_dlg.cpp:40:
Debug/radiant/points.h:82: parse error before `*'
Debug/radiant/points.h:83: parse error before `*'
Debug/radiant/points.h:84: parse error before `*'
cons: *** [Debug/radiant/bp_dlg.o] Error 1
cons: errors constructing Debug/radiant/bp_dlg.o

It looks like xmlstuff.h continues to haunt me :)

> And the head developer FAQ:
> http://www.qeradiant.com/faq/fom-serve/cache/115.html

Thanks!

> Also, just to make sure .. hopefully you are using gcc 2.95.* or something,
> the latest stable and not gcc 3.0? Didn't experiment with gcc 3.0 yet, but
> I heard it had some new ABI stuff and required recompiles of a bunch of
> major libs ..

Ya, i'm using gcc 2.95.4 although I do have gcc3, but I have to explicity call
it, using gcc-3.0, 'gcc' and 'cc' is symlinked to gcc-2.95.4....

> If you grab the STLPort we have on zerowing and compile with cons it should
> work fine .. you can use a newer or debian-provided STLPort package if you
> want to. But I have to keep a centralized version that I know works on most
> platforms, because STLPort is evolving pretty fast otherwise.

Ah, well I just setup the same defines you had for STL4.1b6 it appears to work
so far.

> I am gonna try and finish updating that bug report about better interface
> descriptions file.

Heh, gotta hate documentation :)

> TTimo

Thanks for the help!