[gold-devel] PlayStation3 target

James Lee jbit at jbit.net
Thu Apr 12 05:15:02 EDT 2007

Hey,
The point of my ps3 email wasn't so much "hey, let's move to the PS3
and scrap mac"... it was more "there's this really interesting
platform... we should at least have a discussion about if we want to
support it, and when..".
So I completely agree with all your points.

>> * Jbit has alot of experience with this platform.
> How could you?  It's not even a year old?

True, but I'm a professional PS3 developer.... spent alot of time
learning the platform...

>         In other news, I understand you'll be leaving us for a while to
> focus on your job, and on the PS development scene?  We'll miss your
> assistance.  Hopefully you'll return to us in time to get Golem
> working on top of Gold.  A year off might be in order in your case.
> Good luck, and enjoy working on the PS scene.

Thanks... I will still hang out in #gold, and still be up for a chat
about gold/etc, so it'll basically be the same as now... But I really
won't be doing any work on golem/etc... Breakpoint this year made me
remember how much I love PS2 coding, and PS2 work is not compatible
with other work ;)

--James