Display randomly shifted right

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Sun Sep 17 17:32:18 EDT 2006

Hello again list. This bug has been bothering me ever since I started
playing this version of FreeSpace. When the game starts, the display is
often shifted by varying amounts to the right. Sometimes the game even
segfaults when I try to start it. I have a feeling these two things are
related. I usually have to restart the game several times to get it
right. I noticed that the demo of FreeSpace 2 didn't appear to have
this problem. I wondered whether this was because it doesn't include an
intro movie. I removed the intro movie for FreeSpace 1 and the problem
does now seem to have gone away. I guess the obvious solution would be
to display something (i.e. a black screen) for a moment before starting
the intro movie.

Regards,
James