[freespace2] second CD too large?

Dizzy dizzy at roedu.net
Mon Oct 16 05:59:39 EDT 2006

On Monday 16 October 2006 02:41, Simon Males wrote:
> >> This ISO file is also much larger (782,4MB) than the other two (<700MB).
> >> Am I using the wrong filesystem? Can anyone tell me how I should mount
> >> this one?
> >
> > Try these(list is from my gentoo portage):
> > mdf2iso: http://mdf2iso.berlios.de/
> > bin2iso: http://users.andara.com/~doiron/bin2iso/
> > ccd2iso: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ccd2iso/
> > nrg2iso: http://gregory.kokanosky.free.fr/v4/linux/nrg2iso.en.html
> > b5i2iso: http://developer.berlios.de/projects/b5i2iso/
> >
> > One of these may be able to convert your FREESPACE2_DISC2.iso to a real
> > iso.
>
> Ohh, missed this. bchunk may be able to take care of this as well.
>
> http://he.fi/bchunk/
>
> Available on via apt on Debian and Ubuntu.

Yes, most probably thats a .bin file. You will need a corresponding .cue file
too (although one can be made assuming sane defaults for the track metadata,
which is what windows' daemontools does too when it allows you to mount
a .bin file without a .cue one).  I dont know by heart right at this moment
how such a default .cue file should look like but look it up (you also have
the option of renaming it to .bin, mounting it with daemontools in windows
and write it using a "cd copy" method or dump it to an .iso with some windows
tool just as you would dump any other disc).

Mihai RUSU					Email: dizzy at roedu.net
GPG : http://dizzy.roedu.net/dizzy-gpg.txt	WWW: http://dizzy.roedu.net
			"Linux is obsolete" -- AST