[freespace2] GCC 4.1 Build Failure And Patch

Taylor Richards taylor at icculus.org
Mon Jul 24 02:22:15 EDT 2006

Alan Swanson wrote:
> Recently updated to GCC 4.1.1, which also required GLIBC 2.4, so thought
> I'd recompile Freespace but the build fails on src/inetfile/chttpget.cpp
> with the following errors;

Hmm, I've got GCC 4.1.1 and GLIBC 2.4 and it all compiles fine for me.

Of course, we don't actually need the inetfile stuff in there, so
perhaps the best fix is just to remove those files (and
src/network/multi_update.cpp) from the Makefile and #ifdef the relevant
line or two from freespace.cpp.  Without PXO support all of that code is
totally useless anyway.  Even when I do reintegrate the new PXO code
it's not going to do this the same way so I'll take care of the porting
for that when I get to that point.

Taylor Richards <taylor at icculus.org>