[freespace2] CVS build problem (OpenAL + amd64) and questions

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 21 12:49:04 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 13:45 +0200, fatty wrote:
> If run into the same problem as Jonathan Ballet and am using latest
> OpenAL from cvs. Is there absolutely no way to make the port work with
> openal 1.1?

I'm not sure what everyone else's opinion is but I don't plan on
supporting OpenAL 1.1 until it's closer to being done.  For now just
stick to 1.0 or modify the source yourself.

> I made a few changes in src/sound/ds.cpp (patch is attached) to make
> freespace compile, but I fear I broke the binaries that way. Now I get
> the following errors, when trying to start FreeSpace1:

Are you running the binary from the same directory as your FS1 VPs?  Do
you have fs1.vp in the same location?

It just looks like you are possibly missing a VP or are not using FS1
data files.

Taylor Richards <taylor at icculus.org>