[freespace2] Patches for music and movies

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 30 19:20:38 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 18:30 +0200, Pierre Willenbrock wrote:
> src/mission/missionload.cpp:240: there is still an instance of '\\' left
> src/network/multi_update.cpp:155: here too

Fixed.

Went back to the other timer too so if the sync is still off let me
know.  I also went to 4 instead of 8 like you said and tested all FS1
and all FS2 movies without issue so that change is in as well.

As an added bonus I added the video scaling used in FS2_Open.  Just set
"ScaleMovies=1" in your ini file under the "[Default]" section and
you're good to go.  It defaults to off and only does anything when not
using a 640x480 resolution.  So movies will now scale to fill 1024x768
res and keep pretty much the same speed, though testing didn't even
register a speed difference on my system.  It's made to be fast rather
than pretty so if the speed is ok but the quality is not then I'll go
ahead and fix that too if it's wanted.  I still don't register a speed
decrease when it's pretty but I've got a really fast system and so the
change is not something I want to foist upon others without a little
public testing. :)

Taylor Richards <taylor at icculus.org>