[freespace2] Patches for music and movies

Josh Watzman sinclair44 at fuse.net
Sat Mar 26 11:33:42 EST 2005

Pierre Willenbrock wrote:

> These patches enable streaming audio support and movie playback.
> The patches are against current cvs. You still need to put MVE=yes into
> your Makefile to make freespace use the movie support.
> So far the code is tested on an Athlon 1400 and a Duron 600, both with
> up-to-date gentoo, with varying degrees of frameskiping in movie
> playback, but sound is working flawlessly.
>
> [snip]
>
> Pierre

I'm on OS X 10.3.8 and the opening movie now plays very nicely, sound
and all! Thanks!

However, I cannot load a pilot file; it crashes no matter which one I
choose after I press "select" on the selection screen. The CVS from
before this patch worked fine.

The OS X crash log (which includes a backtrace for those not familiar
with it) is attached.

I've been waiting for this for 6 months... wow! Thanks anyways!

Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.
  -- Kosh, "Babylon 5"

I always PGP/gpg sign my emails... if it isn't signed, it's probably not
from me!