[freespace2] new to list, big thank you

Bob McElrath bob at mcelrath.org
Sat Jun 4 13:55:50 EDT 2005

Taylor Richards [mtrs at bellsouth.net] wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 16:14 +0300, Mihai Rusu wrote:
> > What whould be great too is that the SCP (the source code project) whould
> > work on Linux too because they have very nice graphics engine additions
> > and with the new data files it looks more like FreeSpace3 than FreeSpace2
> > (and try out the community campaigns, some are very good and big).
>
> I work on both projects and am bold enough tell you that the Linux
> version of SCP probably works better than the Windows version at this
> point.  All of the Linux code is in CVS so you can follow the
> instructions on the SCP website and build it yourself:
> http://scp.indiegames.us/forum_viewtopic.php?3.282
>
> This isn't really the list to be talking about SCP stuff though so if
> you have problems or questions you can make use of the Linux forums that
> are on the SCP website or on the HLP website:
> http://scp.indiegames.us/forum_viewforum.php?11
> http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/forumdisplay.php?
> s=&forumid=113

This "forum" is a horrible way to collaborate...the site is a mess of
web pages and it's very very difficult to tell what's going on, or if
anyone will read posts in any given forum...If I fixed something how
would I send a patch?

The linux folks figured it out a long time ago...mailing lists.  ;)

-- Bob