new to list, big thank you

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Fri Jun 3 11:11:32 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

I recently picked up a copy of FS2 on ebay, and am using the linux port (CVS
from a few days ago) of it.  I must say that this is my best experience with
linux gaming yet.  I have played about 16 missions so far, and things are
working really well. Thank you for the hard work.

I've had  NO crashes, and the only glitch is that the audio in the post
missions debriefings will often restart.  I'll hear something like:

"Well done pilot, you succe[chop] Well done pilot, you succeeded in destroying
the...."

Movies work great, everything else seems perfect.  I really think that
Freespace1/2 are the second greatest games I've ever played.  (The best is
still Tie Fighter, but that will never be linux native)

Mark

ps Is there a mailing list archive for this list?