[freespace2] joystick/mouse turning speed patch

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 24 07:58:05 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-04-24 at 13:39 +0200, Geller Sandor wrote:
> axis 0 between 10000 and 63000
> axis 1 between 5600 and 57000
> axis 2 between 14500 and 57000
> axis 3 between 9800 and 50700
>
> I don't know what is wrong (the joystick hw, the kernel USB or input
> layer, the adi driver, ...).

I've been trying to think where I've heard a similar problem before but
I haven't so far.  I want to say that there was some calibration trick
to do before running a (the) game and that would fix it.  If I can
remember where I saw that I'll get you a link but you'd probably be able
to find something with a good google search too.  I do think it was
something with that particular joystick though.

I'm currently working on a slight overhaul of the joystick code in the
game.  It's so slow that it will knock 15-30 off of the FPS so a fix is
long time coming.  That's mainly for buttons though and I've got that
fixed (not in CVS) but need to redo the axis stuff too.  It wouldn't
really help with your situation obviously, but related fixes are coming
to CVS shortly so it might help some.

Taylor Richards <taylor at icculus.org>