[freespace2] freespace2 code release || getting it into Gentoo

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 13 10:44:11 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 05:07, Mihai Rusu wrote:
> So is there any intention to have a freespace2 release (like a source
> archive to be found one some download sites heh) ?

I've been waiting until I have some more code finished before doing
anything about a release.  I believe that every known bug has been
addressed now that the missing debrief text is fixed.  It now compiles
and runs (very well I might add) on x86_64 and has a couple of new
memory leak fixes.  None of that has really been announced though, until
now ;)

The movie player has some static in the audio which is the only thing
holding it up.  Well that and maybe a little bit better recovery for the
OpenAL buffer streaming.  Streaming audio (for music and briefing
voices) is about 75-80% done but not quite enough to be really usable
yet.  Both things keep getting put off while I do other stuff (FS2_Open,
RealLife(TM)).  I would say that the current CVS is at 0.97 as far as a
version goes but I don't think that there is actually a plan to do an
official release until the new movie and audio code is added.

Taylor Richards <taylor at icculus.org>