[freespace2] code cleaning - stage 1

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Mon May 10 18:15:54 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 17:44, Mihai Rusu wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have some time free this last days and Ill try to clean some codes.
> First, current CVS src/mission/missionbriefcommon.cpp line 1932 statement:
> imi->direction;
>
> Is this a forgotten imi->direction=0; ?

No, this is a vector and needs to be set up as ZERO_VECTOR.  I keep
forgetting to make that change.  At the start of that function you'll
need something like "vector zero_v = ZERO_VECTOR;" and then change the
line in question to "imi->direction = zero_v;"  You may need to #include
vecmat.h.

> The same for src/localization/localize.cpp, line 1081:
> Ts_text_size;

Yeah, this should just be 0;

> Same for src/network/multiui.cpp, line 8690:
> Net_player->s_info.xfer_handle;

That one should be -1;

> Where do I send some cleaning patches ?

Just post them to the list and I'll commit them unless Steven or Dan
does it first.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>