[freespace2] licensing question

Edward Gardner edg at deckersds.com
Mon May 10 10:51:37 EDT 2004

And, obviously, any creadit to the FS2 Open team for either the source or
the media VP's would be appreciated, if and when you get to that ;)

But, yeah, Taylor's right, the game data it self is non-redistributeable,
but Interplay has re-released for cheap on their site. People frequently
site the "make a backup clause" as implicit permission to redistribute, but
they are wrong, licensing just doesn't work that way.

But distribute the binaries as much as you want :) I think even some of the
mods are getting close to being standalone games, so, you might ask them and
be able to include them in any pre-packaged release :)

Edward "Inquisitor" Gardner
Project Facilitator
Freespace 2 Source Code Project
inquisitor at deckersds.com