a couple of questions

Mihai Rusu dizzy at roedu.net
Sun May 9 16:03:07 EDT 2004

Hi

First of all congrats to all you who made this thing possible, it really
runs great on my favourite OS.
I am newbie to freespace2 codes and maybe some of my questions might sound
stupid but please bare with me ;)

1. I have noticed debriefing texts do not show (well actually they do show
but only on some rare ocasions, usually when I get a medal or so); any
ideea where in the coides should I start digging about this ?
2. music and briefing voice dont work; this I think (after some digging in
the codes) its because it was intentionally stubed in audiostream_open;
any ideeas what should I need to code to get it working ? (theoretically
should be a lot easier than the 3d sound fx, this beeing plain sound playing)
3. I have noticed that while in game/playing mission if more than one
message comes (those messages allied ships and not only them send them and
displayed up) while the first one hasnt finishd they get played one over
eachover; on windows there is some kind of serialization, where should I
look in the codes for doing that ?
4. (this might be because of the same problem as (3)) I noticed that when
some ship sends a message, the (white) box showing who sends the message
displays for a very short period of time (on windows I think it waits
until the voice message finishes)
5. I would like to have my favourite game with my favourite distribution
(gentoo); so I will make a ebuild (a "package" file for gentoo) for
freespace2 but this means there is need to have checked out
snapshots/tarballs of the codes so they can be downloaded and compiled (I
dont think it works with ebuilds to download directly from CVS and even if
it would work it would be very unstable , can brake at any change in time,
so I need to have some code snapshots); now do you have such snapshots
available ? if not would it be ok if I make such CVS snapshots and put
them on my site ?

Thanks for your time!

Mihai RUSU                                    Email: dizzy at roedu.net
GPG : http://dizzy.roedu.net/dizzy-gpg.txt    WWW: http://dizzy.roedu.net