[freespace2] No text in debriefing.

Nils Petter Vaskinn nils.petter.vaskinn at itsopen.net
Sun Jun 27 15:46:17 EDT 2004

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:13:48 -0400, Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>
wrote:
> It's a known problem.  This came about as the result of a memory leak
> fix.  The briefing and debrief text was never let go of properly and I
> fixed that.  Unfortunately it gets free'd now right after a mission and
> so the debriefing text is no longer there when it gets to the debrief
> screen.  This is fixed but I haven't updated CVS yet (got a *bunch* of
> updates to go in) but I'll get all of this updated in the next few days.

Oh well, at least I had fun trying to track down the problem. I'd gotten
to the
point that I know the text can be displayed (by inserting new text into the
debriefing struct directly from the code) but was empty. I also found the
parsing
code and could see that the string was read correctly. My next step would
have
been to look for where the pointer got cleared.