Mandrake 9.2 supermount or not?

Joseph M. Anderson janderson at metropcs.com
Mon Feb 23 17:28:32 EST 2004

Hi All!

I just joined this group, and I'm hoping someone can answer this
question.  I don't think it pertains to Manrake 9.2 only, but here goes.

When using the installer with supermount enabled, the installer doesn't
seem to see disk 1, and continually prompts me to insert the disk.

I disabled supermount for the cdrom, and also used the noauto option
(/etc/fstab), so that now the drive can only be mounted/unmounted
manually.

When that's done, the installer finds the first cd, and loads the data
from it.  It doesn't ever get to the point of putting in the 2nd disk,
so the installer just sits there and never errors out or gives any other
indication.  After that point, I do a "ps -ef" and see the mount command
running, but it can't be shut down.  Unmount returns a "device busy"
reply.  The only way to get control of the cdrom again at this point is
to reboot.  I'm kind of stuck at this point and would be very happy to
get this game installed.  I used to play it all the time and it was
awesome!!!  Please help!

Thanks,

Joseph M. Anderson