[freespace2] joystick trouble

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 22 16:50:27 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 12:05, Ľuboš Šoltés wrote:
> what is jstest? or what package is it part of ? I just tried
> jscalibrator (part of libjsw package).

It should be part of the "joystick" package if you have it or can pull
it off the net for your distro.  It's part of the utilities for the
Linux Joystick Driver:
http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~vojtech/joystick/

I'm really not that familiar with libjsw but FS2, like most other SDL
based games, uses SDL for the joystick handling.  Since the game doesn't
use libjsw it's not going to take advantage of your calibration file or
other libjsw based settings.  Try calibrating with the joystick driver
utility (jscal) and then use jstest to see if it's sensitive enough for
you.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>