[freespace2] joystick trouble

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 22 11:44:36 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 09:42, Ľuboš Šoltés wrote:
> Q1: How do I change screen resolutions ? Windows game runs at 1024x768x32bit ...

Open ~/.freespace2/FreeSpace2.ini in an editor and you should see a line
like this: "Videocard=OpenGL (640x480)".  Just change the 640x480 to
1024x768 in order to get hi-res.

> Q2: My joystick isn't working properly ... how can I calibrate it with FS2?
>     libjsw calibration works fine, so the joystick is not the problem.
>     With deadzone lowest and max sensitivity, I can barely move the ship
>     very very slowly ... Can anoyne help ?

Calibration is system wide so if it's calibrated correctly outside of
FS2 then it should be correct in FS2.  What kind of joystick do you
have?  Do you get good responsiveness in something like jstest or
another game?

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>