compiling on linux/ppc

J. Volkmann jvolkmann at gmx.de
Sun Sep 28 19:20:17 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm currently trying to compile the freespace2 CVS on a linux/ppc
machine. It even works better than expected (tried it some time ago),
though it doesn't complete :-(

It doesn't seem to be a code related bug:
g++ -c -o src/hud/hudtarget.o src/hud/hudtarget.cpp -Wall -g -DPLAT_UNIX
-I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -Iinclude/  -Wno-missing-braces
-Wno-multichar -fsigned-char -DRELEASE_REAL
cc1plus: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
make: *** [src/hud/hudtarget.o] Error 1

Do you really think I should contact them?
$ g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 3.3.2 20030908 (Debian prerelease)

Shall I try another version (I'm currently using the one of debian sid)?

Thanks,
mfG johannes