[freespace2] language again

Jacek Popławski jpopl at interia.pl
Thu Oct 23 11:57:01 EDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 09:39:02AM -0400, Taylor Richards wrote:
> This did work at one point since that's how I set it up.  Has this
> always not worked for you or is this problem recent?

I haven't play for months. Before it was working different way.

> It should only return a language
> if font01.vf is found with a valid checksum.

I used strace. Program can't find font01.vf, it's here;
./Data/fonts/font01.vf
but it search here:
open("/home/jp/FreeSpace/FreeSpace2/Data/Fonts/font01.vf", O_RDONLY)

> If the language specific
> version isn't found then it would find the English one.

Looks like it returns English even if file wasn't found.

jp at darkwood:~/FreeSpace/FreeSpace2$ grep font01.vf log | wc
     70     700    7559
jp at darkwood:~/FreeSpace/FreeSpace2$ grep font01.vf log | grep "No such" | wc
     70     700    7559

Currently I am unable to play without modify source.

--
Free Software - find interesting programs and change them
NetHack - meet interesting creatures, kill them and eat their bodies