CD-ROM status update

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Tue May 20 01:27:30 EDT 2003

I've got detection pretty much worked out.  I'm only scanning mount
points rather than devices now so it's a bit more reliable.  This also
let me easily add the ability to use multiple cd-rom drives.  In other
words, if you have two drives then load both discs and don't worry about
switching them.  A new ini option is PromptForCD which, when set, will
let the game require a cd in the drive to play, otherwise a cd will NOT
be used.  I would like some input from everyone as to whether or not
this should be on by default.

I also made sure that a user defined mount point is available with the
ini option CDMountPoint.  The mount points I scan are the same ones that
Loki Setup uses plus a couple of additions so if you have trouble with
Loki Setup finding your drive let me know and I'll make sure it's added.
The user defined mount point will also let you point to a NFS/SMB mount
which has the contents of all of the CDs on it.  I figure this would
help out for the odd LAN party so you don't have to make sure everyone
has a disc to play.

The movie code has also been expanded to read movies off of the CD if
one is available but not require it.  Viewing cutscenes in the tech room
will prompt for a CD if the ini option is set.

The only problem at the moment is managing the different discs if a
change is needed.  Mounting/ejecting on different platforms and
auto-mounters are the only real holdup.  I'm not sure how to handle this
correctly so if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>