[freespace2] Text Problem Goes Away With Xinerama

Janis Pusmucans church at is.lv
Fri Mar 21 09:49:39 EST 2003

> Well, in your opinions, should I get a GeForce 4 instead? I mean, is
> the bottom line that getting hardware 3D with a Radeon  9700 on linux
> is going to be a major pain whereas it will be pretty easy with a
> GeForce 4 4800?
definetely. imho gf4 (non-mx) is best price/performancy card for now if
you want 3d in linux. 4200/4800(same 4200+agp8 support which gives
nothing for 128mb cards). no need to throw out money for 4400/4600 if
you can get same performance by overclocking to same clocks. gf fx's
price .. well not worth the value. gf4mx well, almost same
performance/same price/same features as gf2ti. ati's 3d support .. imho
not matured enough. also at least not at same performance level as
nvidia for now. if your needs are lower, gf2mx400/gf4mx imho can suffice
aswell. no shaders support of course.
> Has anyone used either of these cards for multi-display?
i haven't have multi monitors myself .. but i'd advise to seek for help
on irc.freenode.net #nvidia.