[freespace2] Text Problem Goes Away With Xinerama

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 19 06:04:29 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 15:34, Joshua Menke wrote:

> >I would like to know what distribution/version you're running as well as
> >what version of XFree86 you've got, if you don't mine sharing.
> >
> I'm running XFree86 4.2.0-72 under Redhat 8.0.
>
> I'm using mgadrivers-2.1 for G400Max.

Trying to update XFree86 4.2.0 with newer drivers is proving a bit too
difficult since the dri cvs is based on 4.2.99.  I'm going to make 4.3.0
packages for RH8 since it has all or at least most of the mga driver
updates.  And if they do fix the problem then RH8.1 should work out of
the box as these 4.3.0 packages are just rebuilds of RedHat packages.

I'm not sure how a 8.0->8.1 upgrade would work with these packages
installed so I'm not going to recommend that anyone actually use these
rpms.  If you're willing to take the chance and they do fix the
rendering bug then I'll see if I can get them posted for download.  I
should know whether or not it works later this afternoon after I rebuild
X for 139th time in the past 16 hours.  Well... it's more like 6 times
but it sure feels like 139 ;-)

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>