[freespace2] More on the text coming and going

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 17 14:14:28 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 08:45, Joshua Menke wrote:
> Taylor Richards wrote:
>
> >I don't think it's something with the fonts either since the problem
> >goes away if you disable the shaded background behind the text in
> >mainhallmenu.cpp.
> >
> So if I went through and commented out all calls to gr_shade, the
> problem may go away for Matrox cards, albeit the text won't look as pretty?
>
> -Josh

It will fix it in the mainhall at least but if text on the hud is also
messed up this isn't going to help that.  I was just pointing out that
the fonts and the way fonts are loaded/used by themselves should work on
the G400.  I think the problem is when they're overlaid on another
texture.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>