[freespace2] More on the text coming and going

Joshua Menke josh at cs.byu.edu
Sat Mar 15 11:20:27 EST 2003

Steven Fuller wrote:

>This sounds like the internal texture state in gropengl.cpp is messed up
>(textures not being correctly bound), but anyone without a G400 has been
>unable to reproduce it and I have not been able to find any obvious errors
>when inspecting the code.  I do not believe it is something specifically
>wrong with the font.
>

>Steven Fuller

I would have agree with the G400 theory because I was, in fact, using a
Matrox G400Max. So this must be a Matrox specific thing. That's good to
know since we're getting Radeon's soon. Any problems with the 9700 and
FS2 on linux?

I noticed a file called "matrox.zip" in one of the FS2_open directories
a few days ago. I wondered if that was some kind of fix for the Windows
version of the open source code. I haven't done anything with it, it
just made me wonder if FS2 has some inherent problems with the G400. But
I've played the normal game on windows with a G400 (not FS2_open) and it
had no problems. Maybe it's something in the current open source code
base affecting only those who build it instead of using the original
executables.

thanks,

-Josh