[freespace2] More on the text coming and going

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 14 18:43:44 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 18:32, Joshua Menke wrote:
> Well, I've noticed the next seems to go blocky when certain types of
> messages come on screen. Including instructions from the trainer. Seems
> to have to do with text in that general area because whenever anything
> besides the hull gets damaged, the same thing happens.
>
> I guess this must be pretty common since no one has really responded. Is
> there a faq or a list of common problems discussed on this mailing list
> already?

Are you using the 3-CD version of FS2 or something else?  It sounds like
there is something messed up with your install or your using an OEM
version or just downloaded the files.  Is this an English version or
another language version?  If it's a different language version than
your binary then some of the font characters probably won't show up
correctly.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>