Problems Finding files in data directory

Joshua Menke josh at cs.byu.edu
Fri Mar 14 16:24:08 EST 2003

Hello, I'm pretty new here. Maybe this is an already addressed problem.

I setup up Freespace 2 under Redhat 8.0, but it wouldn't run. The errors
I got all seemed related to not finding just about any file in the data
directory. Turned out none of my directories have the correct
case-sensitive names. All of my directories are completely lower case. I
found the correct directory names in cfile/cfile.cpp and now I'm going
through and renaming my directories. I think it would be nice if there
was a way to make Freespace 2's search for its data files
case-insensitive. Maybe I just did a bad job installing my data files.

-Josh