[freespace2] Questions...

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 3 12:35:54 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 14:32, Taylor Richards wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 10:24, Mark Brody wrote:
> > Also, many mods are incorporating FS2_open features in their next releases
> > (the B5 folks really want fighter beam weapons, for example).
>
> I haven't been paying a large amount of attention to this but I have
> browsed the discusions.  For Release2, B5 isn't going to have fighter
> beam weapons as far as I know.  Last I read R2 was going to incorporate
> some changes (probably glow maps by my guess) but nothing major though
> more features would come in to play with future releases.

Don't mind me, I'm talking out of my ass ;-)  From TBP website: "It is
expected that TBP will be using 3.5 or greater when Release 2 is finally
pushed through the door."  The "or greater" is kind of scary since
another release could come out before R2.  They may try and get fighter
beams in there after all and make use of some new sexps plus who knows
what.  When R2 comes out I'll see what it's using from FS2_Open 3.x and
try and send a patch with as many of those additions as I can.

For Steven or Dan to answer, is the intent on keeping up with what
fs2_open is doing or just to get *nix build working great?

Also, I put in the timer.cpp changes committed this weekend to the
fs2_open cvs by penguin but I don't know the best way to give credit to
that fact.  I thought about just adding a comment to the bits of code I
used but I'm not sure.

I did the timer.cpp changes to possibly fix two problems but it didn't
help one and I've got to send a patch to the other guy.  If neither
problem is fixed then I probably won't even submit the patch unless it's
actually wanted/needed.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>