FS1 status and a question

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 23 01:29:06 EST 2003

First the question in case people don't read through the FS1 stuff.

I've noticed in FS1 and FS2 (direct cvs build) that the Prometheus
cannon shots have a black line just inside the outer edge.  I'm guessing
that this is being made transparent by the game.  The hex for the color
in that black ring is 00fb00 according to the pcx (palette index 45).
Changing the color to 00f700 will fix it but anything above that will be
transparent/black.  Being totally anal this bothers me but I don't know
what will fix it (something in gropengl?).  Any pointers would be
appreciated.  I am using 32-bit color since it may matter.

FS1 stuff:

Nothing has really come up with the testing so far so I'm going to clean
up the non FS1 specific stuff I've done a make the separate patch.  I've
merged in all of my experimental changes that are done (and have been
for a while) and some good things came of it.  For one thing the nebula
now work.  It still may be too slow to build in by default but the
testers will make that decision and it can still be turned off in the
detail config.  I did a bit more cleanup so the code will hopefully be a
bit better to look at in some areas.  I spent a few minutes cleaning up
the sun testing code and completed it so mission defined suns now work.
Also some menus that I forgot to merge in earlier are now ready to go
and a couple of hud changes made it in.

This means that, except for multiplayer and anything that I've forgotten
to do, the port is now complete except for any bugs that show up in
testing. I was going to try and release the FS1 patch Thursday night but
I'm going to wait until this weekend to give the testers some more
time.  I do plan to go ahead and send in the general patch after I have
it split off.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>