[freespace2] newbie question, please help

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 21 22:58:49 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 16:32, John H wrote:
> Hello, if you have a minute I have a pretty basic question that I need help with. I downloaded the cvs code and did a make on it, but where do the game cds come in? Do I have to copy the files manually to the code directory, or is there some type of installer? I've checked all the thinks in the readme, but the one thing that looked like it might have an answer (gamespy forum) is currently down, and I am unsure how long this has been and will continue to be going on. So again, sorry for the extremely basic question, but could someone at least point me in the right direction?
>
> -Hilleh

You would have to copy the files from a windows installation.  You can
install in Wine/WineX if you have it.  That's the best way to do it but
if you want to get a little more technical you can do a google search
for i5comp which will allow you to extract files from the individual
InstallShield cab files.

I would recommend normal installation method through Wine or windows
though since it's the most foolproof.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>