[freespace2] New FS1 patch soon

tigital tigital at mac.com
Mon Jan 20 16:17:50 EST 2003

>Networking code can be tested with -DFS1_NET, nebulae with -DFS1_NEBULA,
>suns with -DFS1_SUNS.  The only other real problem with the game that I
>know of I haven't been able to recreate, no damage to a cargo
>container.  I think this may be related to a problem that tigital saw in
>the OSX port but I don't know that for sure or if he's figured it out
>yet.

Hi taylor,

...unfortunately, I haven't had any time to search out the targeting
problem, which I'm seeing in the OSX demo port with primary fire on
drones:  visually, it seems that the shots are converging way beyond
the target...I'm also waiting on getting a copy of freespace 2 (found
one on ebay, s'posedly on it's way); I'm interested in seeing if the
problem occurs in the full application build...

...also, have you tried "freespace port 2"?  It's supposed to be a
complete port of all freespace 1/silent war stuff to the freespace 2
engine, with higher detail textures and all...seems promising, but
doesn't run with the demo version I've got going:  I should probably
go ahead and build a full FS2 and try it out...

l8r,
jamie