[freespace2] primary weapons damage question

tigital tigital at mac.com
Wed Jan 1 02:33:03 EST 2003

>On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 16:03, tigital wrote:
>
>  > Anyone know a possible reason for this lack of damage, or where to
>  > start looking?
>
>Start in src/ship/shiphit.cpp.  Also try shooting the trainer to see if
>it does damage to him.  If it doesn't (or does) then go through
>src/object/object.cpp and go back a forth through src/weapon/weapons.cpp
>and src/ship/ship.cpp.  Maybe you can find the problem in there.
>Someone who is testing the German version of FS1 for me says the same
>thing happens when trying to shoot a cargo container in a training
>mission.  I haven't found the problem yet so if you come up with
>anything please let me know.
>
>--
>Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>

hi taylor,

...I'll try these out, but I had a thought that, since I'm just using
"window-ed" mode and not fullscreen, it may be that the lasers are
going to where the mouse pointer is, which isn't the same as where
the HUD displays...seems easy enough to test, anyway, and that's what
next year's for!...

tanx,
jamie