G400 Valgrind...

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 22 22:45:44 EST 2003

New hardware but I still didn't have a lot of luck getting it to run
correctly.  I used the default RedHat 8.0 mga drivers and then tried the
2.1 drivers from Matrox with the same results.  I started with a clean
non-debug cvs build and a fresh game install with one new pilot
previously created for testing.  It will never accept a key/mouse press
on the Continue button in the command briefing so I can't actually get
into a mission.

The attached log is with Valgrind 1.0.4 with the options
 --leak-check=yes and --weird-hacks=lax-ioctls.  I ran the game, got to
the main menu and then exited.  Without lax-ioctls I get a log full of
this:

==29093== Warning: noted but unhandled ioctl 0x6443 with no
size/direction hints
==29093==    This could cause spurious value errors to appear.
==29093==    See README_MISSING_SYSCALL_OR_IOCTL for guidance on writing
a proper wrapper.
==29093==    Alternatively, suppress using flag:
--weird-hacks=lax-ioctls

If there are any ideas on how to get a better report I'm willing to try
them, as long as no animal sacrifice is involved.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>