[freespace2] Questions...

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 20 13:44:02 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 13:14, Dan Olson wrote:
> As a sort of general announcement to all, I've added Taylor's homedir
> patch to CVS.  My testing here has been limited, yet everything seems to
> work alright.  If anyone that's keeping up with CVS notices any strange
> bugs, however, please let us know.  Thanks to Taylor for the patch, this
> was one of the main things we needed to add before a 1.0 release.
>
> The other few issues required for 1.0, just as a general FYI, are
>
> - Command line options (--fullscreen, --nograb, --help, etc)
> - Case insensitive filename matching within VPs (for mods)

Aren't filenames in VPs already matched without sensitivity?  I know
that matching of non-archived files is case sensitive.

> - Streaming audio support (music, some voice)
> - Extensive memory debugging

I completely forgot to get you that G400 valgrind info.  I'll try and
get that done tomorrow.

I've got two remaining patches that I haven't sent it yet.  I'll try and
get these patches sent in during the next day or so.

I modified cfilearchiver to be a bit smarter about directories and
what's passed on the command line and I modified scramble to support FS2
and both types of FS1 encryption without it being a build time choice.
I also put in the ability to identify what kind of encryption is used on
a file and a sanity check to make sure that non-encrypted files aren't
overwritten by mistake.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>