[freespace2] FS1 patch released

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 5 17:08:53 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 15:36, Bradley Bell wrote:
> actually, it appears there are lots of these in there:
>
> bbell at pokey:~/src/descent/patches$ zgrep '#if !defined(FS2_DEMO) ||
> !defined(FS1_DEMO)' fs1-final.patch.gz
> +#if !defined(FS2_DEMO) || !defined(FS1_DEMO)

I've changed all of these to:

#if !(defined(FS2_DEMO) || defined(FS1_DEMO))

in the cleanup I'm doing (did) before trying to get it into CVS.  That a
better effect, or should I still go with &&?  I had put in new ones the
above way but forgot about changing the ones I had already done.

> also, indenting preprocessor directives is evil!!!

Agreed but those that are were originally there and I didn't want to
change them.  There is actually a lot of that crap in the original
code.  I've thought about fixing it but I don't plan to do so with the
FS1 patch.  I'll make another general patch later that includes some
cleanup for these things.

As for getting it into CVS, I'm trying do decide what to do with a
general German related patch that is required for FS1 but may mess up or
make better German FS2 and no one has agreed to test the changes yet.
I've got it #ifdef'd with MAKE_FS1 at the moment and if there isn't a
volunteer by this weekend that is the way I'll submit the patch for
CVS.  After that it's just up to Steven (or Dan) to review and commit.
Either way it's cleaned up and ready to go in.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>