max texture size

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 2 12:11:46 EST 2003

I know that using large textures is an option in the Windows versions
but I'm not sure how necessary it is with the current code.  I do
believe that it makes a difference with large ship textures to my eye
but on the other hand I think I've been staring at this game for too
damn long ;-)  I let one other person test a similar change but he
hasn't said whether or not it helped yet.

Anyway, here is a patch to add large texture support to the game.  If
there is a better way to do this I'll make the change.  This will check
for an ini option UseLargeTextures and if not set will use the default
256 otherwise it will get the number from the card.  It may not be
necessary to check for the setting and just use the value from the card
but I'll let someone else make the decision.

gropengl.cpp:
   add large texture support

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>