[freespace2] Linux joystick code

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 15 00:12:07 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 23:09, Karl Robillard wrote:
> My joystick is a Cyborg EVO and the driver is joydev installed without
> parameters. SDL is v1.2.5 and I've tried setting SDL_LINUX_JOYSTICK to
> various things (export SDL_LINUX_JOYSTICK="/dev/js0 6 1 0", etc.) with no
> change in results.

The first argument for the environment variable should be the device
name not the actual device.  I've got a WingMan Force so this is what
mine looks like:

SDL_LINUX_JOYSTICK="'Logitech WingMan Force' 3 1 0"

Verify that the name you're trying to use is what SDL is getting as well
(SDL_JoystickName(Cur_joystick) somewhere after it's opened in
joy_init()).  I was using the wrong name when I initially tried this fix
and it didn't work.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>