[freespace2] Linux joystick code

Karl Robillard krobillard at cox.net
Sun Dec 14 23:09:15 EST 2003

My joystick is a Cyborg EVO and the driver is joydev installed without
parameters. SDL is v1.2.5 and I've tried setting SDL_LINUX_JOYSTICK to
various things (export SDL_LINUX_JOYSTICK="/dev/js0 6 1 0", etc.) with no
change in results.

Regardless if you fix the SDL problem or not, I would still ask that the
joy-linux.cpp file be added to the repository as an example for others of how
to use the native Linux joystick API.

-Karl