[freespace2] Linux joystick code

Alan Swanson swanson at ukfsn.org
Sun Dec 14 09:31:19 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 07:30, Karl Robillard wrote:
> I downloaded Freespace 2 so I could try out my new Cyborg controller.  The hat
> wasn't supported and the throttle didn't work by default.  I've written a new
> native Linux joystick implementation which fixes those problems.  Is there
> any chance I could get it added to your CVS repository?
>
> Is there an archive of this mailing list on the web?

As the last person to hack at the Linux joystick support in SDL, I want
to know why it doesn't work for you before bypassing SDL joystick
support. I have the original Saitek Cyborg 3D which works fine, except
for the digital mode but thats another story...

What version of SDL?

What joystick driver (analog) and what options do you pass?

Are you using evdev or joydev?

--
Alan.

"One must never be purposelessnessnesslessness."