[freespace2], directory structure, .mve movie player

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 5 20:48:40 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 14:51, Net Beast wrote:
> Could anyone send me a listing of their directory structure for freespace2
> in Linux?  I currently run it off of my mounted WinXP drive with the Babylon
> 5 Mod installed and the compiled freespace2 executable copied to it.  I
> would like to run it from my home directory in Linux.

I just realized that you are using the Underdogs download version of
FS2.  There are some issues with this because of file case and because
the wrong files could be used rather than some of the B5 mod files.  I
think that tigital and I are going to work out a way to make this work
so stay tuned.  If you just want instructions on how to do this yourself
then send me a message at taylor at icculus.org and I'll give you some
things to try.  My instructions probably want be the easiest thing in
the world to follow (but shouldn't be too bad) so just be aware of that
before asking how.

If you can wait until a good plan is worked out I would recommend that
you do so and a file or instructions will be posted to this list
detailing how to do it.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>