Weird behaviour with FS2 CVS Apr 22, 2003

Michael.Wagener at materna.de Michael.Wagener at materna.de
Tue Apr 29 03:03:19 EDT 2003

I am getting weird results when running FS2 CVS as of April 22.
The frame counter shows a constant 120 FPS but the game runs as
if someone slowed down the clock from time to time. The mission
timer runs as normal and timed events occur when this timer
shows the appropriate time. But more time has passed in "real
life". This problem does not occur constantly but is switched
on and off somehow. I can reproduce the problem when I display
the ulysses fighter in the tech room. After some turns in slows
down its spinning and speeds it up after some more turns.

Since I already have run FS2 without this problem I recovered
an old CVS snapshot as of July 22, 2002 and recompiled that. This
snapshot does not have the described problem. This version however
does not show a constant 120FPS but varies somewhere between 85
and 100 FPS.

I am using Debian "SID" (gcc 3.2.2), SDL 1.2.4, openal CVS Jan 13,
2003 and the Nvidia binary GL driver version 41.91.

Regards,
Mike