[freespace2] Some errors

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 28 08:57:31 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 05:24, Samuel wrote:
> What does all this ?
>
> Using GL_EXT_secondary_color... YES

Found an extension on you video card and is going to use it.  I'm not
actually sure this extension is setup 100% in the code but it does
work.  I think it only makes a difference in full-nebula missions.

> Warning: (src/parse/parselo.cpp:1455): Unable to find WEAPON_LIST_TYPE
> string "NPW-2" in stuff_int_list

Non-fatal warning.  The game tries to match weapons in the preferred
list with all weapon names and will spit this out if the names don't
match.  I put in extra lines to match correctly in FS1 so that people
wouldn't get these messages.  As far as "NPW-2" I'm not sure what weapon
that is, do you have a mod installed or an extra weapons.tbl somewhere
in Data/Tables?

> Playing movie: intro.mve
> Can't open movie file: 'intro.mve'

Movies aren't installed or are uppercase.  Non-fatal, it should just
keep going.  If the movies are uppercase just rename then to lowercase
and they should load.  The movie code still doesn't work 100% (maybe not
even 50% ;-) at the moment so if you have problems let me know.  If the
movies don't work correctly you can skip them with the '-n' command line
option.

> Warning: (src/math/vecmat.cpp:619): Null vector in vector normalize.
> Trace out of vecmat.cpp and find offending code.
>
> Warning: (src/math/vecmat.cpp:619): Null vector in vector normalize.
> Trace out of vecmat.cpp and find offending code.
>
> Warning: (src/math/vecmat.cpp:619): Null vector in vector normalize.
> Trace out of vecmat.cpp and find offending code.

At what point during the game does this come up?  There are a bunch of
places in the game that could cause this.  I'm assuming that the game
will still play and doesn't exit at this point, right?

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>