[freespace2] Update...

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 22 09:01:29 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 06:38, Jacek Popławski wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 05:25:33PM -0400, Taylor Richards wrote:
> > Don't have a checksum for the Polish version
>
> I have Polish version. Please tell me exactly what should I do.

Apply the attached patch.  Remove the line that says 'weapon_close()'
which should be on line 7098 of freespace.cpp after the patch is
applied.  Build and run the game as usual and if it can't figure out the
language (which is shouldn't) it will print out the language checksum.

This patch is just the detection stuff and not the engine modification
for the language.  The engine change part isn't really important for the
Polish version so if you put the checksum in the table yourself the
language should change.  When it can figure out the checksum it doesn't
look in the ini file for a language setting anymore so if after putting
in the checksum it's exactly the same for you then it worked.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>