[freespace2] audio/video out of sync?

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 8 23:16:09 EDT 2003

They aren't supposed to be in sync.  There are just several types of
videos (i.e. basic message, under attack, death) and based on the type
of voice message specified in the mission the right video is used.  I
think the longest video is about 4 seconds long so all but the shortest
voices will last longer than the video.

A couple of other people have brought this up as well but it's just how
the game is designed.  The windows version should have exactly the same
problem as I remember complaining about this when the game was first
released.  Freespace 1 seems to be a bit better about not having such
long or quick successions of messages but this is all in the design of
the mission.  If you notice an obvious and reproducible difference
between the windows and linux versions then it's something we need to
look at.

As far as the game slow down, I have noticed this as well and I think it
may be because the the 4349 nvidia drivers.  I didn't have the problem
with earlier driver versions.  I've been pretty busy the past few days
but I plan to take a closer look at it later this week.  Hopefully I can
figure out where the problem is and either fix it in the game or get a
useful bug report to nvidia.

Taylor

--
Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>